Being trans does not mean you cannot have a UK passport unless you have had GRS, You can apply for your UK passport as long as you can provide the following:
- A letter from your doctor or medical consultant confirming that your change of gender is likely to be permanent.
- Evidence of your change of name, eg : a deed poll.
- Sign your form using your new name.
- A gender recognition certificate although this is not important as you can apply for your UK passport in your stated gender before GRS.
- A new birth or adoption certificate showing your acquired gender. The same applies as above.
You can also find more information on the UK Gov passport site here : https://www.gov.uk/changing-passport-information/overview
Read the guidance notes about passports for transsexual and transgender people if you need help included in the document below.
Additional information for transgender and transsexual customers
|Date:||July 4, 2015|